The Salt Therapy Room Etiquette:
- All The Salt Therapy Room clients must fill out an intake form and receive an orientation prior to attending their first Salt Therapy session.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your session start time to sign in and use the restroom, store belongings, adjust clothing and footwear,
find reading materials, etc.
- Adult sessions begin promptly on the hour. Once a session has begun, we discourage clients from entering to maintain the proper
salt concentration in the room, as well as to not disturb others. Latecomers will be booked in the next available session.
- You are responsible for your own personal items. We do have a place to stow your personal belongings, but there is no lock.
We suggest that you leave all personal items in your car, as we will not be responsible for anything lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Dress in comfortable clothing - salt dust is harmless and can be brushed off clothing. Clean white socks are required in the salt room. Please no bare feet!
- Use of The Salt Therapy Room must be avoided during the acute or contagious phase of any illness, including, colds, flu, infections with a fever, acute active tuberculosis, cardiac insufficiency, COPD in 3rd stage, spitting of blood, alcohol or drug intoxication, unstable or uncontrolled hypertension and acute stages of respiratory diseases.
- In order to maintain a spa environment we suggest that you use your time in the room to read, sleep or meditate.
You may bring the following items: book, ear plugs, or a small towel to cough into if needed. No other items are allowed in the spa.
If you have a personal need that is not on this list please speak to a The Salt Therapy Room attendant.
- The salt rooms are electronic free zones. Kindly leave your devices in your car.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the salt rooms.
- If you would like to experience complete silence during your session, please feel free to bring your own earplugs.
In Consideration of Others:
- Please do not leave the salt room while a session is in progress, unless there is an emergency.
- Please keep voices low inside the Salt Room and in its reception area.
- Do not use any perfumes, lotions, or any kinds of fragrances when you attend a session.
- If you experience excessive coughing, kindly cough into a towel.
- If you are prone to excessive snoring, we encourage you to sit more upright, try to stay awake,
and take deeper breaths during your treatments in order to reduce snoring.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to make it to a scheduled Salt Therapy session.
Sessions for Kids:
- Children 12 and under must have an adult guardian present at all times.
- Each adult guardian must fill out an intake form and receive an orientation.
- Use inside voices both inside and outside the salt room.
- Please play with the salt, but do not throw it. Please clean up toys at the end of your session.
The Salt Therapy Room. All Rights Reserved 2018 | 301 Titusville Road, Suite 100 Lower Level, Poughkeepsie, NY 12603 | 845.546.SALT